Share | 

Settling In

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rose
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 am

Emma lifted her bowed head at the sound of a barely-there, Scottish lilt. She immediately forgot her embarrassment, when she realized the male Shadowhunter was speaking to her, or at least about her.
"Nice to meet you too, love. I have to say, I've heard of the magnificent Zane but it seems the rumors have left out the beauty of his apprentice," Keiran said, his eyes shining with a boyish energy she knew all to well. "I'd keep her all to myself if she were mine as well, mate."
Emma's blush made an encore performance the moment she deciphered his words. The fact that this man found her attractive was nerve wracking enough. But, tack onto that his insinuation that Zane saw this too, and Emma was left feeling very exposed. And, yet, at the same time a small voice in the back of her head loved the idea. Distracted by that thought, and where the hell it had come from, Emma wasn't aware of her surroundings, until Keiran's voice once again caught her attention.
"Coming?" he asked, an apologetic smile replacing the playful one from earlier. Emma was confused by it's presence, until she looked around and realized that she was alone. Looking past the Shadowhunter, she could just see Zane's retreating back, his arm tightly locked around the female Shadowhunter. Emma had blatantly been left behind, Zane now too focused on his news toys to care. Suddenly, her mouth tasted like lead and her fists wouldn't unclench. A feeling that she hadn't felt in a long time resurfaced with all the pain of the first time. She wasn't wanted, hadn't met the criteria. Emma knew she shouldn't be surprised. She knew Zane, knew his ways. She just hadn't expected it to hurt this much.
"I'm fine...I actually have to go...check on something," Emma replied, her voice trying to gain strength, but failing horribly. She knew her response sounded pathetic, but, at this point, she actually didn't care. Giving Keiran a forced smile, she turned around, needing to get off the dance floor.
Emma ended up settling on an abandoned couch to sit out the rest of her pity party. Looking down at what now seemed like a stupidly, optimistic outfit, Emma tried to place herself back in the days when Zane forgetting about her wouldn't have been anything more than mildly annoying. What was happening to her?
"Did you really think he'd pick you? Oh, sweetie, that's sad."
Emma looked up to see the sickly sweet face of a nymph, the very same one who had been dancing with Zane earlier. Seemed like she had come to gloat.
"Looks like you need this more than I do," she snarled, setting a colorful concoction on the table in front of Emma, before swishing off.
Emma had never even had one sip of the many drinks that were served at Zane's parties. She was definitely more of the sweet tea kind of girl. But, right now, the neon blue liquid looked like her best friend. Before she could talk herself out of it, she'd tossed back the contents of the glass.
Whatever was in the glass, it was definitely not mundane alcohol. She'd heard about the burning sensation that came with most forms. But, this particular drink, was something entirely Other. It went down sweet and disgustingly slimy. People actually liked this stuff? And then she felt it. Every fiber of her being seemed to come alive, buzzing with a wonderful energy. She completely forgot everything that had to do with Zane, forgot everything accept how good she was feeling. She needed another one. After a few seconds of enthusiastic searching, Emma realized that these amazing drinks were lined up on practically every surface. She could have kissed the person responsible.
The next few hours were pretty hazy. Sometime after Drink #3, Emma found herself on top of the counter, dancing sporadically to the music. People were either laughing at her or cheering her on, Emma really didn't care. After Drink #7 was drained, Emma suddenly felt the need to stretch her wings and quickly dispensed with her tank, much to the enjoyment of her audience. She almost fell over laughing picturing how her sober self would be mortified at being shirtless in public. Drink #12 had her thanking her warlock genes for giving her the ability to stay conscious through it all. A werewolf, named Daniel, had jumped up on the counter a while back to join her dance party. Within minutes, Emma had agreed to run off with Danny-boy, as she had lovingly dubbed him. The wolf was very insistent about the running off part, but Emma was having far too much fun to leave, promising him they'd go after the next song..or maybe the next one. The thought of Zane hadn't crossed her mind since Drink #1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 pm

The grin that had been painted across Zane's face when the shadowhunters had come in seemed to now be a permanent feature. Despite being tiny and adorable, the female Nephilim hadn't proven to be any fun at all but her male counterpart was certainly making up for that.
They had started a new drinking game that was proving to be quite effective in its methods and had the two of them laughing all the while. The rules were that one of them had to take a shot every time the other could get a random party-goer to give them a kiss. They had both lost count of both the number of kisses and shots within the first hour and as the intoxication level grew so did the intensity of the kisses. At one point Kieran had to put forth some of his shadowhunter abilities to remove a male Kelpie from his face that had grown overly attached throughout the game and had come back multiple times, being the cause of over four shots Zane had taken. The whole episode had been so hilarious that the warlock had decided to take and extra two shots to compensate the boys troubles.

The fun only died down as Kieran seemed to randomly decide he cared that he hasn't seen his boring counterpart for too long and disappeared into the crowd in search of the grumpy blonde. Leaning back against the bar, Zane let his gaze sweep over the throng of bodies, all masses of bright colors swaying and pulsating to the pounding music. It wasn't until he spotted a familiar pair of snowy white wings, glittering under the party lights that his grin had begun to fall. Even in his young years, Zane had never much troubled himself with boring emotions like anger or jealousy, greatly disliking the horrible mess he had to clean up of what remained of the poor bastards on the receiving end of such emotion. But now, as he watched the spectacle his very shirtless apprentice was making of herself as some werewolf pup was getting far to familiar with her, he didn't even bother to think about how unattractive his living room would look covered in bits of fur and wolf guts.

Parting the crowd with a wave of his hand, Zane sauntered over to the happy couple still dancing happily on the counter. If it could even be called dancing.
"I see you've met my apprentice." His voice seemed to boom over the music, loud enough for the entire party to hear. The wolf pup turned to look, returning Zane's smile until he got a better look at the glint in the warlocks eyes. The boys smile fell as he took a step back from the still oblivious Emma.
"Ah... Yeah.. We were just..." The wolf stammered, moving to get down from the counter. Zane rolled his eyes, feeling very tired as the anger seemed to deflate out of him. This was all growing very tedious. With a snap of his fingers and a small spark of yellow flames, the wolf pup disappeared, leaving nothing behind but a small wisp of smoke. With how much he had had to drink, the warlock couldn't be sure where the kid would end up but he hoped it was in the middle of the East river. With another snap, an over sized rhinestone decorated yellow T-shirt made it's way onto his exposed apprentice. Looking up at Emma for a long moment, he let out a small sigh as his lips turned down into a rarely seen frown before turning on his heel. The crowd parted for him once more but this time of their own accord as he made his way across the room, only stopping to grab a bottle from the bar before disappearing into his bedroom and slamming the door.

X~X~X~X

It hadn't taken long for Kieran to find his Parabatai, the small girl tucked away in the back corner of the living room scowling at a male fairie that was trying to both braid her hair and kiss her at the same time.
"Aye, time to piss off now mate. Yeah?" It was hard to put on his serious face when he was so intoxicated but he managed it well enough because the fey finally disentangled himself from Luna's hair and walked away with a huff. Taking the guys seat next to her, he flopped down and slung an arm around her shoulders before giving her a friendly kiss on the cheek.
"Glad to see you're having so much fun then." He teased before nodding over to where Zane's apprentice was having a little too much fun on the counter.
"At least not as much as her though." Casting a sidelong look at his friend, Kieran frowned as he studied her face.
"Why'd you run off like that earlier? You've been missing out. Zane is quite the character. I think I like it here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Luna had somehow managed to have the exact opposite of what she would call a fun time. Shortly after consuming enough drinks to give her a slight buzz (she wasn't one who enjoyed getting flat out wasted) she had taken the opportunity to sit on what had been an empty couch. It had been comfortable enough and a good way to get lost in her thoughts before a male faerie had spotted her and lamented on how beautiful she was. He had told her that her hair was like spun gold (like she hadn't ever heard THAT one before, such a cliche) and then proceeded to braid it as he landed sloppy kisses on her neck and cheek. Luna scowled and tried to ignore the male faerie, when they wanted something they would usually not take no for an answer. It wasn't until Kieran showed up and told the faerie to go away that he finally disentangled himself from her, giving her one last sloppy kiss and a wink, before sauntering off in a fowl mood. Luna thought it amusing that the faerie actually took her lack of passionate displeasure for approval of his actions. She was not interested in being with any men right now.
Luna's bright eyes flicked up to meet Kieran's as she took a good look at him. She could tell he was highly intoxicated but that just meant he was having a good time. She blanched slightly when he scooted next to her and wrapped his arm around her, his soft lips placing a friendly kiss upon her cheek. This was normal behavior though, so she made no move to act uncomfortable.
"Glad to see you're having so much fun then." Her eyes scanned the room wondering why Kieran all of a sudden had showed up here, it must mean that his company with the Warlock was finished. When Kieran made a slight motion with his head, nodding in the opposite direction, her eyes landed on the young apprentice and she couldn't help but frown. The girl had been so upset by the neglect of the one she was infatuated with that she decided it best to go all out and act a fool. Luna was happy that no man had that effect on her, she only hoped the girl would be okay.  
"At least not as much as her though." This statement caused a soft laugh to escape Luna's lips. "Kieran, you have known me long enough to know that my form of fun in the complete opposite of...that. Why would I parade myself around half naked just to have men look at me with lustful eyes and practically hump my leg like a dog? To me that isn't very fun." She glanced over at him, shifting her body slightly so that she wasn't pressed up against his side so closely.
"Why'd you run off like that earlier? You've been missing out. Zane is quite the character. I think I like it here." This time Kieran's words didn't cause her to laugh, instead she lapsed into silence, contemplating on what exactly her answer should be. "I just wasn't feeling very...social is all. You know me, I'm quite shy most of the time." With this she let out a laugh, but anyone listening could tell it was forced. "Besides, Zane seems like someone who is quite full of himself. You can't tell me you didn't notice how in love with him his apprentice is, and he completely forgot about her. Poor thing." With this her eyes slid back to the girl who she now noticed was standing alone on the counter with her torso completely covered from the view of those around her. It seemed like the great Zane had finally decided to step in. "I knew you would like him as soon as you met him, you guys have a similar personality. I'm really glad you are enjoying yourself, I suppose that means we might stay here longer than the other places we have been."
Luna wasn't sure how exactly she felt about that. The fact that it took a self centered warlock who threw magnificent parties to keep Kieran rooted in one spot. She very carefully slid out from under Kierans arms, fanning herself with her hand. "Man, all of these bodies make it hot in here. I wonder how long these parties last? Do you suppose I should go with you to find our magnificent host and thank him for such an amazing time?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Kieran could only stare at his parabatai for a long moment as she tried to discreetly wriggle away from him, a frown beginning to pull at the corners of his lips. He wasn't so drunk as to not be able to notice the not so subtle hostility his friend was nearly radiating, which wasn't much like her. Luna often disapproved of many things but this was something entirely different.
"I knew you would like him as soon as you met him, you guys have a similar personality. I'm really glad you are enjoying yourself, I suppose that means we might stay here longer than the other places we have been."
The first part of her bitterly colored words made his dark eyebrows knit together as he scooted the rest of the way away from her so they where completely separated.
"Oh, so I have a similar personality with someone quite full of him self, do I? Should I take Into account the fact that you seem to completely despise this bloke I'm so similar to? " His voice had begun to rise, his accent thickening with the combination of frustration and alcohol. He normally would have laughed off a comment like that from his best friend but something about the way she was acting made him believe that it wasn't just their usual friendly banter.
"No, I don't think you should go with me to find our host since you seem so keen on insulting him. " He moved as if to get up but hesitated, casting a long look at his friend to search her face.
"What's the matter with you? Is it something I've done?" His tone had begun to soften, losing some of it's bite but frustration was still painted across his delicate features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Kieran's reaction to her words immediately caused Luna to feel a surge of guilt. She had never insulted her best friend so, and she turned away from him chewing her bottom lip thoughtfully. She had no clue why she had compared him to some man she barely knew, nor very much liked. In fact, she didn't even understand why it was that she hadn't given Zane much of a chance. She had cast him off as this man whore right away without even getting to know him. If Kieran seemed to like him so much it must mean he was at least a somewhat decent guy. What was wrong with her?
"I...I didn't mean it like that. You know I don't think of you that way. You're my parabatai, my best friend. I'm deeply sorry." Luna couldn't even bare to turn her head and look at him, she could hear the hurt so plainly in his highly accented voice. It only ever became that noticeable when he was very upset. This wasn't like either of them, to feel this way with one another. It was foreign and new and she didn't like it at all. It was as if a barrier had suddenly been placed in between them, pushing them apart. What usually would have been friendly banter from her had turned into hostile insults. Luna appeared downcast, now feeling incredibly sick to her stomach.
"What's the matter with you? Is it something I've done?" At this Luna turned her head to look back at him, and in this she could see the frustration all over his delicate face. She wanted to hug him and say sorry and go back to the way everything usually was, however she felt obligated to give some sort of apology.
"No, no you didn't do anything." Shakily Luna ran a hand through her hair, tucking loose strands behind her ear. "I'm just tired and feeling slightly homesick. I'm sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intention. And I hope I didn't offend Zane too much...I didn't even give him a chance. This isn't normally like me, perhaps I just need a night of sleep." Luna sighed at the end of her little speech as she wrapped her arms around her stomach. She didn't want to leave until Kieran was ready, and she felt like she owed Zane some kind of apology before hand. At the same time she wanted nothing more to get out of there, especially since the fey from earlier was continuously casting glances her way as if waiting for the perfect moment where she would be alone. Luna felt uncomfortable and exposed, she was out of place. She had hurt her friends feelings and was being a total bitch. Come on get a hold of yourself...she thought sullenly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Daniel's sweaty hands wrapped around her bare torso were a welcome support, as Emma continued to sway along with the rhythm of the music. She knew in some corner of her mind that she was leading the poor wolf on, having no intention of really going home with. But, it just felt so good to be wanted that she hadn't yet gotten around to breaking the news to him.
A pause came in the music and Daniel's hands suddenly stilled, before disappearing entirely. Without the wolf's greedy paws, Emma found herself momentarily unbalanced. A friendly, stone pillar offered a more than adequate place for her to catch her breath, before resuming her drunken exhibition of sloppy dancing. The music surely would come back on any minute now, she assured herself. Her audience was strangely quiet, but Emma chalked that up to a stunned silence at how much talent she was revealing with her moves. That had to be it.
After a few more minutes of the annoying silence, Emma was forced to clear her mind enough to figure out what was really going on. A more focused look at the faces of the people below her revealed a shared look of nervous anticipation. Turning her gaze to where theirs were locked, Emma sucked in a gasp of her own. Zane had obviously seen enough of her 'show' and her dance partner to form the murderous glare that he was presently using on Daniel. Emma had never seen him this mad, at least not for something so trivial as dancing on one of his counters. Or, was that really why he was mad? She'd heard of other men getting jealous, but Zane definitely wasn't the type to get jealous, especially not over her.
Emma should have known Zane's plan of action, even before he raised his hand. She'd seen him do it enough times, mostly with things that he'd lost interest with. But, her altered state delayed this realization, and then it was too late. Daniel had disappeared, leaving only a small, wisp of grey smoke. Emma couldn't say a word, as Zane snapped his fingers once more, covering her with a truly heinous, bedazzled t-shirt. With that done, he turned on his heel and stomped off to his room.
It didn't take long for Emma to gain her wits back. Once the crowd had recovered from the spectacle and continued their partying, Emma felt a slow rage heating up inside her. How dare he deprive her of a perfectly good dance partner! Daniel hadn't done anything wrong, other than being a little too handsy. But, she could have easily handled that, when the time came. Zane had embarrassed her in front of all her new friends, a fact that she would gladly share with him, at the highest volume she could achieve, of course.
Jumping down from the counter, Emma stomped through the crowd, ignoring the stares she was still receiving. Upon reaching his door, she yanked on the knob, surprised to find that it turned easily in her hand. The room was as dark as it had been this morning, as she slammed the door behind her. It was pitch-black save for the light of the full moon that framed the shape of a man by the bay window. She didn't need to see him fully for her to be able to say what she needed to say.
"What the hell was that, Zane," she yelled, her voice now free of any slurring. "You made me look like an idiot out there, as well as making yourself look like a child! I'm not some toy you can toss aside and then get pissed off when someone else shows an interest. I could have handled him, Zane. You didn't have to send him to who knows where! Bring him back right now! And, you can have you're stupid shirt back. I don't need you acting like my parent!"
Throwing the discarded shirt at his feet, Emma found that her shouting spree had left her with a sore throat, instead of the satisfaction she had been hoping for. She was still confused, frustrated, and tired. She wanted the nice, quirky Zane back. She wanted these mixed emotions that she was feeling to go away, because the pain that they were causing seemed to be turning her into a bit of an alcoholic. But, she knew it wasn't that easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:06 am

When Zane had escaped the ever watchful eyes of the crowd of party-goers, he shut his door behind him silently and let himself lean against the hotpink painted wood for a long moment. The loss of his anger had left him tired, bone weary as is he could feel the weight of all his many years pressing down on his shoulders. He had been in love many times throughout his decades of existence; men, women, downworlders and humans alike. And every time it began with a surge of emotion he didn’t know how to handle. He knew many things but how to properly love was not something he had been able to master. Though despite his previous affection for others, he had never been so overcome by anger for another. It was something he did not understand, and something that he most certainly feared. With a heavy sigh that spoke of his true age, he crossed his dark room to peer out his wide bay window, resting a single hand on the glass to prop himself up as the moonlight spilled across his face.

He didn’t turn around as he heard Emma storm into the room, remaining quiet as she ranted, his eyes shut tight against the moonlight. He could yell back, he could laugh at her or he could send her away, so not to deal with this overwhelming amount of emotion anymore but none of those where what he wanted. Even though the truth of what he truly wanted was not yet obvious to him. He was silent for a long moment after she had fallen quiet, standing perfectly still in his puddle of moonlight as he waited for some silent answer to be whispered to him in the darkness, some explanation as to how someone so old and so powerful could feel so… helpless in the presence of one young, disaster prone warlock. When the answer did not come, he turned around, hesitating for a long moment as he realized that she had removed the yellow t-shirt he had put on her. Emma standing in the middle of his room, topless and flushed with color in her anger and intoxication was not a sight he was prepared for and despite everything, he could stop the smile from spreading across his face. Taking a few graceful strides towards her, he reached out a hand, his long fingers gently brushing the stain of pink that danced across her cheek, visible even in the dim light.  Zane had often seen her cheeks colored with the pink hue of embarrassment, but he had never seen her flushed with anger, a wild and fierce look in her eyes.
“I will not bring him back, for I would just have to send him away again if he got to look upon you at this moment.” His voice was soft as his eyes traced every detail of her delicate features. He didn’t know how he had lived with her for so long and had never truly looked at her. His voice was soft, no more than a whisper in the darkness as e took another step towards her, closing the distance. His gaze was locked on her face as he looked down at her, taking his fingers from her cheek to tilt her head up to look at him.
“I can’t apologize for my actions because I do not regret them, though I can admit that I can’t entirely explain why I did them. But I can say that if I were never to look upon another sight but the one in front of me for the rest of my existence-“ He let his words cut off as a strange and foreign energy crashed over him like a wave, making his head snap up as all other thoughts washed away. Something was wrong in the apartments, not in his own but a couple floors down there was something happening with the small gathering of wolves that had been their half the day. A new and dark energy had come and their presence filled the building with the stink of evil. He could only wonder how long the disturbance had been going on while he was stuck inside his own head, and how much damage they had already done.
“Something’s wrong… We need to go.” With one more snap, a new shirt appeared on his young apprentice, though this time it was a tasteful black tanktop. Moving past her, he moved quickly out into the living room, only slowing to signal at the two young shadowhunters.

“You two, with me.” He was all business as he crossed the room to the door, his commanding voice leaving no room for argument as he left the apartment, not bethinking to look behind him to see if any of the three were following.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Emma half expected Zane to immediately turn around, a goofy smile on his face and a teasing remark on his lips. That was his usual mode of action. The powerful warlock was famous for his resolve; if he wasn't in the mood for seriousness, no amount of shouting or confrontation would persuade him otherwise. However, whole minutes passed without any change in him. At this point, Emma would have settled for the childish deflection. The lack of a reply was only increasing the weight of the silence pressing in around her. The normally soothing quiet was now suffocating, leaving her with feelings and thoughts she really, really didn't want to be left alone with.
Finally, he turned, his expression blank save for the flashing of shock in his eyes. So, definitely no chance of skating over this one. Part of her was triumphant. She was finally going to get a reply from this infuriating, confusing warlock. But, another part of her cringed at the prospect of this confrontation. Obviously, the mystical alcohol was wearing off. That was not an encouraging thought.
Once the shock had cleared away, Zane crossed the distance between them, his long strides splitting the time it would have taken her to do the same in half. He raised one hand, the movement as languid and calculated as all his movements were. Yet, this time, Emma seemed to be more aware of the power that lay inside him. If he really wanted to, he could send her flying with that very hand, without even breaking a sweat. Would he really strike her, though? She'd never approached him in this way, so she supposed all reactions were open for his choosing. With that prospect in mind, Emma had to fight to maintain her gaze with his own. His was soft, too soft. If she broke it, somehow she knew regret it for the rest of her immortal life.
Emma felt the drink's strength leave her at the exact moment that Zane's fingers made contact with her face. It made her gasp, but not with the pain that she'd been expecting. His touch was gentle, brushing over cheek. The coolness of it was a balm to her hot skin and the fiery temper that had caused it.
“I will not bring him back, for I would just have to send him away again if he got to look upon you at this moment." Zane's voice was practically a whisper, but, after the icy chill of the previous silence, his voice was as loud as ice breaking to Emma. Honestly, she hadn't given a thought to Daniel's well being since she'd crossed into Zane's room. Even the mention of him now couldn't bring back her earlier anger. She could only watch him watching her.
He was looking at her in the same way he'd looked at her back in the main room, except without the bitterness of his jealousy. He took another step towards her. Emma raised her hand to stop his progression, to give her time to analyze his look without interruption. But, the contact of her hand on his bare chest only served to send her thoughts into the same frantic dance as her heart beat. Thankfully, Zane's next touch seemed to counteract her own and gave her a little bit more clarity. Her gaze had shifted down to her hand when she'd made the mistake of touching him, but his fingers had guided her eyes back to his own.
“I can’t apologize for my actions because I do not regret them, though I can admit that I can’t entirely explain why I did them. But I can say that if I were never to look upon another sight but the one in front of me for the rest of my existence-" Zane's words cut off sharply, his head snapping to attention so fast that Emma was jolted back a half-step. He seemed lost in whatever was going on inside his head for what felt like a century to her. The path that his words had been paving was one that she didn't know if she could follow just yet. Her feelings scared her, but Zane's words had terrified her. But, it had been a good kind of fear, the kind of fear that she'd expect daredevils felt when they sky-dived or bungee-jumped. His abrupt shift in attention had left her hanging, her emotions suddenly raw from the whip lash.
“Something’s wrong… We need to go.” And with those words, Zane was all seriousness again. Not the seriousness from before, that had been laced with such a sweet softness. But, the kind of seriousness that meant something needed to be done and done quickly. One snap of his fingers and Emma was fully clothed again, this time in a black tank top. She definitely liked this shirt better than the last, but his train of action was not to her liking at all. Couldn't what he had planned wait? His retreating back answered that question quick enough.
"You have got to be kidding me," Emma murmured, annoyed that her mind had been completely thrown for a loop, only to be put on pause for Zane's mysterious mission. Their discussion was over for the time being, so she saw no other reason not to follow him out his door, back through the party to pick up the Shadowhunters, and out the apartment door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flamoria

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Luna was anxiously waiting for a reply from her parabatai while wringing her hands in her lap. Her blue green eyes flicked to each of the faces of the others in the room watching them intently wondering what their stories were. So often she lived in her own little world that she never took into account the lives of others around her. She wondered if she had ever done something that had directly affected one of them, if she would ever do anything to directly affect one of them. Most of these...creatures she had never seen before in her life and it was possible she never would again. Unless, of course, Zane decided to throw more parties. Usually any of the downworlders you saw at parties were frequent goers.
Before Kieran had even the slightest chance to reply Zane walked past looking very vexed. He made a motion towards the two of them and then said in a voice loud enough for the two of them to hear while not drawing much attention from those around him "You two, with me." He didn't even stop to look back and see if they had heard them or were following before they left the apartment.
Luna groaned and looked down at the outfit she was wearing. From the look on Zane's face and the fact that he felt the need to have two Shadowhunters accompany him it must have meant this was serious business and she was no where near dressed properly to fight. Good thing she had placed a weapon in a sheath that she was wearing underneath her dress just in case.
Luna looked over at Kieran before standing up while speaking in a slightly annoyed tone "And this is why we don't hang out with Warlocks. Nothing but trouble, I'm telling you. I guess you're probably going to want to go so I will accompany you, can't have you getting hurt." And with that Luna was heading out the door following in Zane's footsteps, she didn't even turn back to see if Kieran was coming with, she knew he would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   

Back to top Go down

Settling In
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2