HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lurking in the Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Shadows   Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:21 pm

James had been posted across the street from the cafe, leaning on the wall of some apartment with his hands folded across his chest for the near part of an hour. He watched as mundanes walked by, completelly oblivious to his existance. Supid mundanes, they have no idea what's coming. James didn't exactly like Slade's secrecy with everything, however he believed him. After Wisteria rejected him, James would like nothing more than to see the world she loved destroyed before her eyes. What's taking this stupid girl so long? he thought rather annoyed. In his haste to finish his mission James left his post and headed into the alley on the side of the cafe. Slade's 'wait and be patient' plan wasn't suiting James to well. He figured he'd sneak in through the back, use his charm to lure the girl outside, and then use the lie to get her into his carriage that would take them to Slade.
To his surprise when he turned the corner that lead to the back of the cafe he saw someone sitting down with their head in their hands. Looking closer he saw it was the girl he was sent here to take. Oh my how my job has become much easier.
Putting on his caring facade, James sauntered up to the girl. When he was within two feet of the girl he stopped and cleared his throat. "Excuse me Miss Spence." He said in a very respectful voice. "I know this may come as a shock to you, and I apologize if I'm stepping over any lines but I've come to deliver a message to you. You're parents have asked me to tell you they'd like to see you." He waited as the girl seemed to be sorting out some confusion. Figuring this would happen he let out a little laugh and said, "I apologize if this is confusing. By your parents I mean your biological parents. You see I'm there personal servant James. They've tried to contact you while you were away at college but you'd already left for the city. So they sent me to come find you." Playing a gentle smile across his face he finished with, "They've truly missed you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashwood

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Shadows   Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm

((Great post Jasper Smile ))

Harper had let herself plop down on the grimy alley way off the Cafe. Her legs were unwilling to hold her any longer, it was about time they'd give out anyway with all that was being thrown at her right now. It was all a bit too much really, but how could she ever go back to the normal, ignorant life she was leading. Would she have to disassociate herself with the friends she made at college? Could she even return back to college? The thoughts were all jumbled up in her mind and she wanted some kind of distraction to help her forget it. Before she stood up a man came walking up towards her. She figured it was someone coming to check on her as she was a girl all alone in a dark alley, crouching down as if crying.

"I'm fine.." She muttered out as she stood and looked at the man. He was beautiful in a mythical sort of way. It was hard to explain, but he definitely wasn't here to check on her. The man called her by her last name, she stepped back at that, her eyes averting to the entrance back in to the cafe. Her hand was reaching for the door quickly when he spoke of her parents. She looked at him confused, her brows furrowed in question.

"I apologize if this is confusing. By your parents I mean your biological parents. You see I'm there personal servant James. They've tried to contact you while you were away at college but you'd already left for the city. So they sent me to come find you." Harper stepped back and shook her head. Anger flaring up in her that she didn't know she possessed.

"Are you kidding me?" She yelled at the man. "My biological parents are dead you jackass! How dare you play this cruel joke on me!" Tears stung her eyes as her hands went in to fists, even that smile he put on was not enough to calm her. "I suggest you leave me be sir before I scream. I don't know who you are, or how you truly know me, but I know my parents are dead. Shit I just saw flashback memories of them dying from some warlock chick. It has been one hell of a night and I don't take kindly to your sick joke." Harper stated firmly, biting her jaw done so this man would not see the tears fall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Shadows   Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 am

James stood silent and still as the girl yelled at him. He hadn't counted on her meeting with this warlock. Thinking on the fly James responded with his voice cool and collected, "Dear Harper. I did not mean to offend, honestly. I was truly sent here by your biological parents. You see I believe you've encountered one of our many fake warlocks." He saw the look on the girls face go from angry to confuzed so he pressed on with his lie, " You see fake warlocks have the ability to put images in your head, making you believe what they want you to. It serves no purpose to be honest, they do it to simply play tricks on those with the sight such as yourself." Giving her a look of concern he spoke again, "I just don't want to see you hurt. Your parents sent me all this way to find you, I couldn't bare to tell them something happened to you, or that you don't want to see them. They're truly great people, and they just want you to come home." James let a fake tear fall from his right eye. I should win an award for this performance he thought to himself as he waited for the mundane to reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashwood

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Shadows   Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am

Harper stood firm waiting for this guy to speak and when he did a flood of emotions passed through her. The more evident one was confusion. "A fake warlock?" She repeated and shook her head. There was too much that she didn't understand about this world and already she was being conned. She watched him and the tear falling made her take a hesitant step forward. "How do I know you aren't just saying this, that you aren't trying to trick me like that warlock in there? It would be easy to take advantage of me since I know nothing of this world. A tear is not enough to make me believe you." Her realist mind and lawyer instinct shining through as she watched his movements. He seemed to glide when he made the slightest movements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Shadows   

Back to top Go down

Lurking in the Shadows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2