HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Training Session

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
King Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Tue May 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Oliver froze as the soft knock echoed through his otherwise silent room, his fourth cigarette poised inches away from his lips as his gaze found the door. Nina’s face flashed in his mind, making him cringe. He had expected her to show up sooner or later, slinking into his room to ‘make him feel better.’ Although she didn’t normally knock… Sucking in another lungful of smoke, he sat up, tossing the butt to the ground with the others and crushing it with the toe of his boot, he got to his feet. It had grown dark in the time that he spent moping on his bed, and his room was now filled with a thick cloud of blue smoke from his absentminded chain smoking. With a quick stretch, he crossed to the door, the thought of shooing Nina away sounding somewhat appealing.
“I’m really not in the… Oh.” He cut himself off as he opened the door wide enough to see Bridget standing on the other side. Suddenly self conscious of the smoky state of his room and the fact that he was still only clad in a pair of black jeans, he could feel the soft blush dance across his cheeks.
“Um, hi.” He said lamely, silently thanking the Angel for the dim lighting to offer some cover for his burning cheeks.
“Did you want to come in?” Pushing the door open wider for her, he quickly crossed the room to throw open the window, letting in the cool evening breeze. Turning back to Bridget, he scanned the room for his shirt; unlike other shadowhunters, who bore their scars and marks with pride, Oliver suddenly felt the need to hide the long silvery horizontal scars that covered his back and chest. The thought of Bridget getting a glimpse of that part of his past made his stomach do a small flip. Locating his shirt flung carelessly over the lamp on his bed side table, he quickly retrieved it and pulled it over his head before flipping on the small lamp, bathing the small room in the golden light.
“Um, hi.” He said again, the beginning of a smile pulling at the corners of his lips for the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Bridget walked into the room, supressing a cough at the smoke Oliver was hastily trying to clear. She'd never been one for cigarettes, or drinking for that matter, mostly because she'd never had a reason to indulge in such behavior. My parents would have thrown a fit, She thought, and the mere memory of them was enough to have her quickly take a seat on Oliver's bed, whether she was invited to or not, if only to hide the slight trembling of her body, which passed as soon as it came.
Bridget tried to otherwise engage her mind, but with the shirtless boy in front of her, it was quite difficult, and she found her eyes scanning his skin, curiosity peaked by the silvery lines etched across his back and chest. Failing to bite her tongue in time, her voice came out softly, hesistantly, "Your scars..." but she trailed off as he put his shirt on, possibly closing off that conversation.
And suddenly the room was lit softly by a lamp, and Oliver turned back to her. With the light, Bridget could see his face more clearly, recognize the unreadable emotions in his eyes, but also see the small smile he was giving her, putting the small amount of nervousness that she hadn't quite realized she had at ease.
"You already said that," She said at a normal tone this time, returning his smile with a hesitant one of her own, pink lips turning upwards. Running her fingers through her hair, she paused before speaking again, unfortunately unable to put her thoughts into words that made sense.
"Sorry for kinda interrupting," Bridget was looking down, messing with the flying disk in her hand, all of a sudden aware that she didn't trust Oliver as much as she wanted to, and that at any minute he might laugh at her for being so uncertain of herself. "It's just, you seemed so angry...I want to know what you were going to tell Godric. If someone has something important to say, they should be able to say it." She looked back up at him, waiting for this new, almost pleasant Oliver to disappear at her words and be replaced by the snarky one she'd gotten used to.

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

"Your scars..." He pretended not to hear her as he pulled his shirt on; wishing silently that his cheeks would stop burning. He could feel her eyes trained on him and as he turned around, he could see the curiosity in her guarded eyes.
"It's just, you seemed so angry...I want to know what you were going to tell Godric. If someone has something important to say, they should be able to say it." Oliver hesitated at her words, his lips pulling down into a frown at the memory. A small sigh escaped his lips as he went to sit on the bed, a safe enough distance away from Bridget so not to make her uncomfortable. His gaze found his feet as he nudged a squished cigarette butt with the toe of his boot.
“It seems that’s the only way you’ve seen me since I came here… Angry I mean.” He nibbled on his lower lip, the split on his lip stinging. He could feel her gaze on him still and he had to fight the urge not to get defensive, to put up the front that he didn’t care what she thought. He lifted his gaze, looking sideways at her.
“I know what you all think of me, and I guess I deserve it. I’m glad Godric didn’t listen to me, not after the way I acted…” He watched her as he spoke, he could see that she wasn’t entirely comfortable sitting here with him, her eyes were guarded, her expression hesitant as if she expected him to explode at her any moment. Seeing the way she was looking at him only made him feel deflated, like a balloon that had all of the air drained from it, no longer holding its previous shape.
“It’s too bad the Angel didn’t create a de-jerk-afying rune. I would be first in line to get it…” He attempted a smile, dropping his gaze down to his cared hands that were curled into fists in his sheets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Bridget watched Oliver closely, somewhat surprised to find that his arrogant, snarky attitude was no where to be found, and instead he seemed almost deflated, as if he had realized the mistake in his previous actions and knew Bridget was now cautious because of it.
“It’s too bad the Angel didn’t create a de-jerk-afying rune. I would be first in line to get it…” Oliver smiled slightly, and Bridget gave a half-laugh before her lips broke into her first genuine smile in days. It was gone quickly, but for the briefest of moments she'd found something amusing, and that was better than she'd been doing in days.
"Doesn't matter now, I guess," Bridget shrugged, looking back at Oliver, her way of conveying that she was ready to look past the last few days of anger and arguments. "You were going through a lot, I understand."
Lifting her legs onto the bed to sit criss-cross style, Bridget turned more toward Oliver, watching him. She didn't feel nearly as uneasy now, and much more comfortable, and even her sadness seemed to have lifted some. She glanced down to see his fists curled into the sheets. "Upset?" She asked, somewhat joknig with her off-hand coment.

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Oliver’s lips couldn’t help but pull into a smile at the sound of Bridget’s laugh, however small it was. He didn’t think he had heard her laugh let alone smile the way she did for that brief moment.
“You should do that more often, laugh that is.” He watched her now, situating herself on his bed, obviously more comfortable now. Though something about her relaxing made him more tense, he wanted to reach out and touch her, to prove to himself that she was really sitting there, calm as if they were old friends just chatting. Bridget’s comment made him follow her gaze to his fists and he stared at them thoughtfully for a moment.
“I’m always upset.” He answered honestly, but there was a hint of playfulness in his tone as he said it, uncurling his fists to run his fingers through his still damp hair, pushing the dark locks out of his eyes. He longed to ask her about the funeral, about how she was doing but was afraid that the mention of her parents would wipe away her smile for good. As he watched her, looking for the right thing to say to keep their conversation light, his gaze found the weapon she still held in her hand.
“You’re really amazing with those.” He spoke softly, real admiration coloring his tone.
“I would love to see you in action sometime.” He decided to leave out the part about her almost certainly looking gorgeous in battle but the pink hue still colored his cheeks again as he pictured her decked out in the black shadowhunter gear. With an embarrassed smile, he quickly ducked his head, covering his face with his hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Bridget looked down at the disk she had in her hand, realizing that she'd forgotten about her nervous habit of twirling it, it had just become second nature while she was here. With her gaze cast downwards, her hair feell foward in her face, and she was able to hide the slight rosy blush that colored her cheeks at the compliment.
"Thank you," She looked back up, giving Oliver yet another smile, this one more tentative than the amused grin from before, like a shy school girl on her first day of school, introducing herself to the class. "My parents trained me since I was little," Bridget winced a little, but forced herself to plow through the sentence and complete her thought. "They always said that if I could throw a weapon I'd be a lot better off than if I had to commit to combat every time a demon came by."
That statement was paraphrased, but her parents had given her advice of something along those lines since a young age, and throwing her chakrams became second nature as she strove to please them. As cliche as it was, all the Shadowhunter had to do was close her eyes, and she was back in the yard behind their house, throwing these disks at the tree her childhood swing was tied to. It was as if the scene, the tiring but rewarding training were yesterday, and not some distant memory, one of the many she had, yet all she had left of her parents.
"Find me the demon that killed my parents and I promise you wouldn't have to wait long," Bridget wasn't smiling anymore, but she wasn't sad, frowning, or crying, so she acknowleged to herself that small victory. "Or any demon for that matter, I'm not picky." This was a side of herself that Bridget hadn't seen in days, the true Shadowhunter in her shining through, overcoming grief at the thought of ridding the earth of creatures of hell, especially the one who had taken the precious lives of the people who had raised her.

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Oliver could tell immediately that despite his efforts, they had reached a difficult topic for her. Bridget’s eyes grew darker as she spoke, memories taking her away to a place he couldn’t follow.
“They trained you well… I can tell just from watching you that they were very talented warriors…” Oliver spoke, his voice low as he reached out a hand to take her hand that wasn’t spinning the disk.
“Bridget, have you ever tried? To find the demon? There are ways to track them; do you remember what it looked like?” He spoke cooly, the thought of helping her track down the thing that had caused her so much pain making his fierce, hunter side start to show through.
“I would help you find it, if you wanted.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Session   

Back to top Go down

Training Session
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2